Published on November 18th, 2021 📆 | 5201 Views ⚑0
Know Necessary Qualifications and Roles in Cybersecurity
A beginner’s guide to become a successful cybersecurity engineer in the future
Average salary (per annum): US$93,995
Roles and Responsibilities: A cybersecurity engineer designs and implements secure network solutions that are designed to defend against hackers, cyber-attackers, and other threats. They also engage in testing and monitoring those systems frequently to make sure that all of the systems are up to date and work correctly to defend the information. This role also has other names like data security engineer, IT security engineer, and web security engineer.
- A Degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a similar field
- Two years of work experience in Cyber Security related duties such as incident detection and response, and forensics
- Experience with the functionality, operation, and maintenance of firewalls and various forms of endpoint security
- Proficiency in languages/tools such as C++, Java, Node, Python, Ruby, Go, or Power Shell
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure
- Possess the right eye for detail and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest cybersecurity trends and hacker tactics
Top Online Courses:
BSC Cybersecurity Engineering by Colorado Technical University:In this online course, you can study new models, methods, technologies, and tools in computer science and software engineering. And you can explore how to analyze processes and techniques to construct software solutions to cost-effectively implement cyber-defense strategies. This degree program includes hands-on programming and real-world situations taught by industry professionals—all designed to help you prepare for the exciting field of cybersecurity.
Security Engineer by Udacity: With this course, you can master the foundational skills necessary to become a successful Security Engineer by learning how to protect a company’s computer systems, networks, applications and infrastructure from security threats or attacks
Top Institutes Offering the Program:
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity Engineering at Embry Riddle University
Top Recruiters for This Job:
OpenText:OpenText is a Canadian company that develops and sells information management software for enterprises. OpenText employs over 14,000 people worldwide and is one of Canada’s largest software companies.
Apple: Apple is an American multinational technology company that specializes in consumer electronics, computer software and online services. Apple is the world’s largest tech company b revenue as well as the most valuable company.
Uber:Uber Technologies is an American company whose services include ride-hailing, food delivery, package delivery, couriers, and freight transportation. Based out of San Francisco, it has operations in over 900 areas worldwide.
Amazon: Amazon is an American multinational tech giant that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and AI. It is one of the five big companies in the American Information Technology industry.
TIAA: TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. It offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy